Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ready

     Today we went to The Safari Park, which was a fabulous zoo! Maggie wasn't really impressed, but enjoyed being outside. She fell asleep as soon as we were in the van on the way back to the hotel and, thankfully slept for over 2 hours!
     Now we are just hanging out in the room while Matt runs to the grocery for a few items. She is wandering the room, making her way back to me every 2 to 3 minutes, just to be picked up and given a hug. Then she is off again. So sweet.
     I keep wondering if her caretakers saw the sides of her that we are already seeing. She loves to tease. And the faces, she will turn her head and turn just her eyes back to you, real sly. She is very quick to give a smile if she trusts you.
     She found Matt's sunglasses, so I put them on to show her. She wasn't real sure about that but made her way back to them and wanted me to put them on again. When I did, she immediately got off my lap, scared. Such a simple thing and yet something she had never seen.

  First time brushing her teeth
  Eating cheerios with her chopsticks
 Random cuteness

     I have a confession to make. I am ready to come home. I am ready to not be stared at for being an American with an Asian child. I am ready to have American food that I know. I am ready to hug my kids back home and have my own coffee.
     I was telling Maggie about home today. As soon as I said the word 'home' to her tears filled my eyes. Even the word reminded me that we still have three days. Don't get me wrong, this has been a wonderful journey, it's just a long time to be away from what is known. I am ready for routine and friends. So thankful that we have a huge support system waiting to meet us along this leg of the journey.
 

2 comments:

  1. Shari, I've heard from a lot of families that this is when it gets long! We are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMCuteness!!! I have been so out of the loop (this is what happens when one gives up FB for lent). Can't believe you have her. She is so beautiful. I love hearing all about her and the journey. Love to you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete