Monday, March 5, 2012

Gotcha Day!

     As I type, Maggie Mei is sleeping. Such a sweet sound (and sight).
     This morning we were both nervous and excited. Especially once we were at the Civil Affairs building. We were there about a 1/2 hr early so we had nothing to do but wait. Matt did fine just sitting, but I had to be up, watching out the window. After watching for awhile with no sight of her, I finally sat. Within a few minutes another guide looked out the window and said, "there they are!" (There were three adoptions from Maggie's orphanage this A.M.) With that, we were up, camera's ready. I snapped one of her coming in and then put the camera down and took her from the orphanage director.

     She is perfect. We do think she has some swelling in her head, although Ms. Tang (orphanage director) said that she is clear of fluid in her brain. We are not worried though. Ms. Tang told us that Maggie understands everything. She is very smart. And we have already found out, very cautious.
     When I took her she let out a little cry but once I gave her a drink and cheerios she was ok. Soon Matt took her and she cried a little again, but soon quieted. She was too funny with the cheerios. She wouldn't take them herself, so we put them in her mouth. So, when she wanted more she would just drop her head towards the container.
     While I asked Ms. Tang questions about Maggie's routine, Matt was around the corner with Maggie. When done, I came around the corner and Maggie reached out to me!!! and smiled!!! Highlight of the morning for this momma! Although, I have to say, Matt got the first smile from her! And he is claiming that one!!
     Once back in the hotel she did not want down; just wanted to be held. I tried to put her down, to hold her hand and walk, but she just backed up into me and wouldn't move. We went back to the room and within 20 minutes she was asleep in my arms. : )
     The orphanage has her so nicely dressed and I was surprised because she only has two layers on. I was expecting 3-4. : ) Once she is awake, I will see if any of the clothes we brought fit her, and if not, donate them to the orphanage.
     I appear to be the "favored parent" at this point, and Matt says he is glad b/c my heart would have had a really hard time. I love that man!
     So many of you have been leaving us messages. As from the beginning of this journey, God has us so covered, it is amazing. Thank you, we are so very grateful!

4 comments:

  1. My heart is smiling knowing Maggie is finally with her Momma and Daddy. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good post to wake up to!!! Oh happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praising God this morning as Maggie is finally in your arms!

    Want to see pictures of your sweet daughter!!!

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete