Thursday, September 8, 2011

Two questions

   I have had two questions in my brain this week. One, what does a heart do with waiting? And two, what do you write on a blog when you are just waiting? I mean, don't you have to write something that people would be interested in?
   I am a terrible "wait-er". When Matt & I run errands and he just needs to run into a store quickly, I still opt to go with him so I know WHY I am waiting for what feels like forever.
    We are just beginning to wait on our I800A approval. Some people are at 50/60 days and we are closer to 20. And already my heart is screaming for the time to MOVE.
    However, I will daily choose to take God at His word. I have to. I cling to it. Isaiah 40, says that those who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength and Psalm 19 says all His ways are perfect. Which means I have to continually lay down my heart and trust that our "gotcha day" with Maggie Mei is already set. This has been Jesus' gig from the beginning. He thought this up and changed our hearts, so I have to keep the focus in the right place.
    What floors me is that Jesus knew, before we even agreed to step out in faith, that we would struggle at points through this...and He still chose to work with us.
    Hmm...guess that's the beauty of the gospel. Jesus chooses to work in me - an impatient, imperfect woman - simply because I choose to believe that God is real. He can take the mundane, everyday life, and show His absolute glory. It's a beautiful thing.
 

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say hi and tell you I saw Maggie yesterday and she looked good. The waiting is so hard at time and there really is nothing you can do, but pray for them and everything involved in this whole process. But then that wonderful day does eventually come and you see their sweet face! I do have pics, but left my camera cord at home, so you will have some new pics when we get home.

    ReplyDelete