Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Five days of quiet

    This week is my final week before work. What that means is 5 days of a quiet house from 7:35a - 2:30p (other than my loud music in the background)! I am savoring every minute, as I realized the other day that next year at this time we will have a little 2 year old side-kick again!
    Even in this time I see my sweet Savior's hand. It has given me prolonged devotions, time to tidy up the house without interruptions, time to wander favorite stores by myself, and time to fill out paperwork for the Abba Fund & Show Hope!
    The Abba Fund is a foundation that gives interest free loans for qualifying adopting families. We are really hoping we qualify! Show Hope is Steven Curtis Chapman's foundation that gives grants for adopting families. I am preparing the finishing touches on both and hoping to send those out tomorrow (Wed.).
    In the background Christy Nockels is singing..."be blessed, be loved, be lifted high, be treasured here, be glorified..." Oh, how I hope that is what I am doing for Jesus in this journey!
   We have decided on Maggie's middle name - Mei (pronounced May)!
    Mei means "beautiful"; Maggie means "Pearl". So, in a round-about way, it means "beautiful pearl". We like it, but we laugh because she has an American first name, Chinese middle name, and a Dutch last name! And said together, Maggie Mei, it has a southern sound! Love it!
    Please pray for continued financial support to come in...we need $88 more for the dossier, followed up quickly with a $480 fee and then $150.
    Thank you to all who are following this journey with us! For all your prayers, financial donations, material donations and interest!! We are humbled.

2 comments:

  1. Love Maggie Mei!!!! So cute....but you know me and double names...I may never call her by Maggie alone - it may always be Maggie Mei. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with Sarabeth. I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete