Sunday, September 18, 2011

God can even use cows

     I was debating whether I should blog about God using a cow for me yesterday, some might think I am a bit odd. My husband says "just simple". So, do with it as you will, but God used a cow to calm my heart.
     Yesterday my heart was low on hope in the fund raising area, on finances in general, really. We still have roughly $12,000 to raise to bring Maggie home. Then we got a letter from our mortgage company telling us they figured our escrow wrong so we can either give them almost $600 or start paying more each month on our mortgage. Then we realized that our flex spending for medical is gone until March, so all regular prescriptions come out of our pockets. Uggh. We are used to having that benefit, so that will be an adjustment.
     In comes the cows...I was watching some show which had cows in a field. One man started playing his instrument for the cows and one by one the cows came over to listen. By the time four men were playing their instruments, a whole herd of cows was mesmerized. It was hilarious!
     An hour later I was watching AFV, a tongue segment, which had cows showing their tongues. I was quite unimpressed, HOWEVER, it was at this moment, as I was changing the channel out of disgust, that God's voice spoke to my heart. "A thousand hills Shari. A thousand hills. I own the cattle on a thousand hills." It is a verse found in Psalm 50:10, which translated means, 'YOU CAN'T FATHOM THE RESOURCES I POSSESS!'

So there you have it. My heart went to bed renewed in God's knowledge of His resources.
   

4 comments:

  1. You might think that is silly, but that is exactly what I needed to hear. I never worry about where the money is going to come... God has always provided... but Satan has puts doubts in my head with this Haiti project that I am doing and I need to cast him aside. Thank you and your crazy cows for speaking to me. I will put that verse on my mirror. Love you!!! Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. so good my friend. so glad you shared. hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! I'm with you! He's got this!

    ReplyDelete