Monday, July 25, 2011

Quietness & Confidence...

Today was our final homestudy meeting. While the meeting went fine, the homestudy report wasn't finished. My hope was that it would be finished. As I got in the car, the tears fell, just from disappointment.

Then the Lord's spirit reminded me of a verse that hung in my childhood bathroom for years, Isaiah 30:15 "in quietness and confidence shall be your strength..." (KJV) Jesus knew my tears, my disappointment, but He also knows His timing. This will happen. All will work out and we will look back and think "OH! That's why the homestudy report wasn't finished that day!"

So grateful for the sweet spirit of Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. Shari- I have to say that the line that stuck out so strongly for me was "of a verse that hung in my childhood bathroom for years" - wow- I envy that so and know that I should not.... There are so many people not raised in homes like that... and you touch them every day! At playschool, your husband at Advance... let Jesus quench your thirst for that touch and increase your hunger for Maggie. She too needs to know a life of verses in her childhood bathroom... Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete