Sunday, June 5, 2011

June 5, 2011 WHIRLWIND Week (God's unveiling)

     Wow. I'm not sure where to begin. Maybe I should say that I am NOT a blogger. I'm terrible at following them, and I'm not convinced I will be great at writing one. BUT, I need to give it a try b/c when our God started me/us on this journey in March of 2011, I had no idea He would unveil His will for us in this way!
     So, this first blog will tell the entire 2 month journey to this point and then past that, well, we will just see what conspires.

MARCH 18, 2011
     I (Shari) went to get a massage, given as a Christmas present. The lady who was giving the massage came in with her clipboard, her name on the back, Maggie. As soon as I read her name, the Lord spoke to my spirit, plain as day..."Yep! You're gonna have a Maggie some day!"  To this I replied to the Lord (in my head) "Ummm, No. No I'm not."  Again, the Lord said, "Yep! You're gonna have a Maggie some day!"
     Within the next week God would use people to speak to me. A friend at the Playschool told me that Matt and I just need to have another little girl. Another asked me "who is Maggie?" That ended up being a worker at the church, but that froze my heart. I told another friend about it, that maybe I made it up in my mind...she told me that "No. God often prepares us for another season slowly." Wise woman my friend Abbey.
     It took me 4-5 days to tell Matt, & until April 4th to journal about any of it. God was working on my heart, but I wasn't wanting what he was telling me.


MAY 1, 2011
     Forest Hill started a series on the book of Jonah. Jonathan Scott posed the question "Is your heart in line with God when thinking of your own Ninevah?" It had been almost a month since I had really thought anything about "Maggie", but hearing that question, the Lord spoke to my heart very loudly..."Maggie." She, whomever she was, was becoming my Ninevah. 


MAY 18, 2011
     Another prick. My stomach is in knots. A little guy at the church, Baylor, was wearing a t-shirt that said "I still live with my parents". I started laughing and said, "Baylor, you still live with mommy & daddy?" And, once again, the Lord's voice in my spirit - "Maggie doesn't live with her parents yet."
     Wow. I wasn't expecting that. The next several hours I was consumed with thoughts of adoption - total fear. Even anger. This is not what i forsaw in our future. But, it's not about us is it? My life is to be for GOD's glory.
     I told my friend Laura about this prick. She told me our journey stays with her heart; that she prays for us often. Hmmm.
     I talked to my friend Kay about sensing the call to adopt and how I wasn't feeling gung-ho about it. She said, "Yeah, but I don't think we have to feel gung-ho about something to obey." Yet another wise woman.


(Journal entry) At this point Matt is willing to go down this road as long as Jesus makes it 100% clear...me too. I'm just not sure how He is going to convince us that this is what HE sees for our family.  "When I am afraid, I will trust in you." Psalm 56:3


MAY 29, 2011
     I text my friend Jaclyn to see if I could pick her brain about adoption. I told her that God had placed a little girl named Maggie on our hearts. We just didn't know where she was or where to start.


MAY 30, 2011 8:41a
     Jaclyn texts: "Hey, what age u thinking about adopting? Baby or big kid?"
     I told her younger than Jaydn, so 1 -5.
MAY 30, 2011 10:02a
     Jaclyn texts: "My agency has a one year old on their list named MAGGIE (in China). She is available & adorable!"
MAY 30, 2011 2:33p
     Jaclyn ran into a friend at the pool. Ends up she has been praying for a family looking into adoption...trying to find their MAGGIE. Her friend, Laura, had asked her to pray and she said she had been praying and praying for us to find our Maggie. Wow.
     By days end we had pictures and video of our newest daughter, Maggie. Our daughter. Two months ago I had no interest in another child in our home. Today, I can't imagine not going to get her to bring her home. Only GOD could change a heart like that. Only GOD could orchestrate a journey like this. All glory goes to God; no other.
     Friday we mailed our pre-approval application to adopt Maggie. My heart is so excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment