Monday, February 20, 2012

This one is for me...

     We received our travel itinerary today. Yay!!! I will post that on a later day, because today I need to blog out what I BELIEVE, not what I FEEL right now.
     Along with our itinerary, we received the financial numbers that remain to be paid out. Long story short, we are $2,000 short. The numbers I was previously given are different now.
     It's interesting that at the end of this part of the journey, I am returning to the first verse that caught my heart at the beginning of the journey.
     Psalm 56:3,4 "WHEN I AM AFRAID I WILL TRUST IN YOU. IN GOD, WHOSE WORD I PRAISE, IN GOD I TRUST; I WILL NOT BE AFRAID."
     At this moment I FEEL afraid, I do. But I will continue to quote scripture, knowing that God says it is alive and is a well that overflows. I KNOW that my God has not brought us this far to leave us depressed. I BELIEVE that God is NOT anxious about this like I am.
     Lamentations 3:23 talks of the Lord's great love and how that love is so big that nothing should destroy us. That His compassions and his mercies are new everyday. Because His FAITHFULNESS is great.
     I am going to be honest here...today I am hoping that His mercies are on the financial front. That the next blessing He has up His sleeve comes quickly.
     I WILL trust, because I am afraid. Good thing Jesus isn't.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for safe travels as you embark on this long awaited journey. I cannot tell you both how blessed I feel to have witnessed this endeavor. My own faith has seemed to grow tenfold this last year for many reasons. But without doubt, I know this is one of them. Who can hear this story and deny their is a God? No one. I enjoy telling the perfect beginning of your story to all my friends and family and look forward to meeting Maggie very very soon. Thank you for being such wonderful Christian role models in my life. God has blessed so many through your family- again, THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete