Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I cheated this morning...

     I was given a shower the other night for our sweet Maggie. There I was given a box of "blessings" for Maggie/us. I was told that I was to save them for the plane. Well, that's where I cheated. I read them this morning...and I am glad I did.
     When I get up in the morning and come downstairs I always grab my coffee and check my e-mail before sitting down to spend time with God. Well, this A.M. I also checked Facebook because a friend of mine is in China now, getting her son! Her post was about the first day with this little 5yo and how hard it has been for his world to change.
     I realized that I have been praying a lot for MY heart to be steadied when we get Maggie b/c of the very real possibility that Maggie will not like us. She won't understand. And, don't get me wrong, I don't think I shouldn't pray for that, but I want my focus to be Maggie's heart!
     So, that is where God used the "blessings" for my heart. There are four that caught my heart; made me pause. I thought I would share...

MAY GOD'S FACE SHINE UPON MAGGIE MEI AND HER NEW HOME!
     This one touched me b/c that is one of the verses my mom quotes - Numbers 6:24-26 "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."  I think I just found a life verse for Maggie.

FOR GOD KNOWS THE PLANS HE HAS FOR YOU, MAGGIE, PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU; PLANS TO GIVE YOU HOPE AND A FUTURE. JER. 29:11
     I grew up with this verse too, but to see Maggie's name in there...we will be teaching her that truth.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD - AND YOU ARE A REASON I BELIEVE IT!
     Wow. The way our God has used this journey to touch so many is amazing!

PRAYING MANY BLESSINGS OVER YOUR LIFE SWEET MAGGIE. MAY YOUR FAITH BE AS STRONG AS YOUR PARENTS.
     Another wow. Our faith is a GIFT from God. It is HIS doing, His working. That humbles me. All glory to God! We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this journey!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Shari~
    I love this blog! I'm so glad you "cheated" and read these verses, as it is so evident they went straight into your heart and soul. I wrote the Jer. 29:11 verse with Maggie's name b/c I have prayed over Ashley and now Chase using their names in that specific verse hundreds of times. Your Father God has wonderful plans for your Maggie Mei, and you are experiencing them even before you wrap your arms around her and bring her home forever! I'm praying and watching God shower you with His blessings for the faithfulness you and Matt are showing! Let us know when you hear from China about what date you are leaving to meet your daughter!
    Love and prayers,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete