Tuesday, November 15, 2011

God's WORD is amazing stuff...

     So last night I was going through all the paperwork needed to be done after we get China's approval. This is the point that I realized that I filled in some numbers wrong on the "budget" I am keeping for all the "Maggie funds". We thought that we had, roughly, $5,000 to go. Turns out that we have about $7,400 to go.
     Well, as you can imagine, that threw a little kink into my "hoping I heard right we will get her in December" faith mind-set. HOWEVER, I quoted Psalm 56:3, "WHEN I am afraid I will TRUST in you, in God whose word I praise; in God I trust. I WILL NOT BE AFRAID!"

     Scripture itself says that God's word is alive and active, sharper than any double edged sword. Well, it's been powerful for me through this whole journey. I'm not sure how I would be standing with a smile if not. Because, here's the thing. His sweet spirit that has been speaking to me...he knew that I had figured the finances wrong and that mistake didn't change anything on His agenda. Our "gotcha day" hasn't changed and He still owns all the cows (read a previous post).

     So, when you see me STANDING TALL, SMILING of all things, it is JESUS you are seeing and His sweet spirit's work in and through me. I just love Him and the amazing things He is doing through our family.

     We covet your prayers on this journey! We are so thankful for the support we have received!

No comments:

Post a Comment