Thursday, January 19, 2012

Strength in the W-A-I-T

     Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord. The words of that song (Everlasting God) fill my mind and heart at this point of the journey. They remind me that my God is not anxious like I am; He holds my strength. And that is something I am grateful for as I sift through the frustrations of waiting.  
     We are on the 2nd to LAST step before travel! Our "Article 5" (the American consulate's OK of Maggie's visa) will be picked up next week, in China, and forwarded to the travel group we will work with while in China. Once our paperwork is with that group we will find out when we can travel. However, that can take up to 4 wks! 
     Next week is Chinese New Year so everything shuts down in China. So, there is that delay as well. HOWEVER, strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord's timing. I just have to continually ask God to remind my heart that He is not phased or moved by the CNY.



     We received these pics last week! Isn't she gorgeous? She will be 22mo tomorrow, the 20th! Every time I go down the baking isle at a grocery I think of making her a cake for her 2nd birthday on March 20th! I am so excited!
     I have been praying for her heart a lot lately. She has no idea we are coming to take her from all she has known. I have been praying comfort over her; that she would find comfort with Matt & I...and her giggle. I can't wait to hear her giggle! 
     We are praying to be able to leave Thursday, Feb. 16th. Our China rep doesn't think that will happen. I'm still praying it; sometimes begging. My good friend Breeanne said, "welcome to the 3rd trimester!" She is so right! You get to the 3rd trimester and are done. That's where both Matt and I are. Stick a fork in us...we are done with the waiting. Bring on the strength Jesus! Bring on your Maggie, that YOU have given to our hearts and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment