Sunday, March 24, 2013

ONE Year HOME

     One year home for Maggie equals one year of learning for this momma. And I have to admit, I am tired. Not just from Mags though...the other two contribute as well. It's a good tired, and I'm thankful for a husband that I can LOSE IT with at times! He talks me through so many things!
     I am learning that self-sufficiency needs to be hung out to dry & blown away by the wind, replaced with only the power of God in my life. I have a saying taped to my computer..."Here in the power of God I stand." I think that sums up my life right now.
     Natalie went through a couple of weeks of gripping fear going to school, so each morning was a struggle to get her out the door. That seems to be subsiding, but we still daily pray for wisdom with her as she tends to be pretty opinionated, leaning towards the negative. I struggle b/c we don't model negativity, so we are learning how to handle that. On the other hand, she has a sweet heart that is learning to spend daily time with Jesus and loves, loves, loves to take care of her three geckos.
     Jaydn is intense and his persistence at times brings me to tears in my closet. On the flip side he has the most loving/serving heart.
     Maggie has changed so much in this past year. Her vocabulary has blown up, making us laugh often. She is starting to throw a LOT of fits and therefore spends time daily in the corner.
    Nehemiah 8 says the JOY of the LORD is my strength. I grew up singing a song in church about that, but these past few months I feel like I am seeing it a little differently. Strength is not something that I have to conjure up to reap the benefits of joy. GOD's JOY is given to me AS strength. The obstacles don't leave just because I have Christ's spirit - His spirit gives JOY in the midst of the obstacles.
     I love my husband. I love my kids. God has started a work in them that helps me to know that He will take their personalities and use it for good. I look forward to one day learning what Nolan's personality will be.



No comments:

Post a Comment